Translate

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Why Didn't I Do This Before?



When we were at the auction yesterday, they were auctioning off some older mountain bikes (actually, the most interesting bikes were the vintage 1960s English Triumphs (Raleigh) - but that is another story).  There were also some mid-90s frames on a wooden bike rack.  I did not bid on the bikes or frames and components.

I awoke last night and realized - I can make a wooden rack to use when I work on my bikes!  Why did I not think of this before?!


After working out,  I went to the workshop and slapped out a stand.  I took me about 2 hours.  No, I didn't have a plan - just started to collect some 2 x 4s and 1 x 6s for the stand.  I just slapped it together with woodscrews.  Voila (not a masterpiece - but very satisfying none-the-less).





I used to use my turbo trainers as a repair stand, but an upright stand is so much easier and useful.  I had to clean my chain and adjust my front derailleur on my road bike.  The stand worked great.

1 comment:

~ Regan said...

There's this guy over here that wants to see if you could make him one? Haha, I told him to "GET LOST!" just kidding... We really like your bike stand- must be uber convenient!