I have a Husqvarna GTH 2548 (25 HP, 48" cutting deck, Kohler V-twin engine) we bought 3 1/2 years ago when we moved into our old farmhouse. I have to say, it is the single best thing I have for working in the yard. Here's why:
- Mowing the grass is easy and quick.
- In the winter I can plow snow. I don't even break a sweat. I can plow my 200 foot driveway after a 3" snowfall in about 15 minutes.
- I can hook up a yard wagon (i.e., dump cart) and haul rocks, leaves, dirt, etc. It was a great help as I've been working on the barn.
- Raking leaves is easy. You raise the mower deck and turn the mower into a big leaf blower. I raked the entire front yard and hauled the leaves to the mulch pile in about 30 minutes - no blisters or tired shoulders,
- The best reason - Uncle Tractor gives rides in the wagon to any fun-loving kid. My niece and nephew (Sidney and Austin) want to get rides as soon as they show up when they visit. One of these days my grand-daughter will be old enough for "Papa Tractor" to give rides!