Translate

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Quiet Mornings

I guess I am more of a morning person than not.  I don't waken before dawn, but I am up just as the sun rises.  There is nothing I like better than the quiet of the morning.

These days I get up and go outside after I wake.  I like to look around and see what has transpired overnight.  It really helps to ground me after a week of work or travel.

I mowed the grass yesterday.  Today, there were loads of little mushrooms all about.  I was hoping to see some fairy rings (groups of mushrooms in a circle).  I was telling my oldest grand-daughter about fairy rings and wanted to show her a picture of one.  Oh well . . .


I could here a very loud 'chirp' somewhere behind the old chicken coop.  What was it?

A chipmunk!  Who would think such small animals would be so loud.  We see one in the spot all the time (they are territorial)!


I water the gardens and think about all the things I want to get dome.  Maybe paint the benches.  Maybe I should put up a door hood up on one of the doors to the barn (it used to be on the house, but a snow slide off the roof took it down!).

Back to work tomorrow.  I am already looking forward to next weekend!

No comments: