Translate

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Trying to Change

It's amazing what a little change in temperature and daylight does.  Autumn has started, and the cooler winter and ever-delayed sunrises have really slowed me down.  I don't have many chores to get ready for the winter.  I'll have to clean out the gardens, fill my compost bins with leaves, plant our garlic, and clean out the the flower beds.

I worked out over the weekend, but just didn't seem real motivated to work all day in the yard.  I gues my body is telling me to slow down and get ready for the quite times.

The big maples are starting to change . . . 


The leaves are really starting to accumulate . . .


The roads nearby are starting to be framed in color.


I'll need to start raking soon!


The sumac are really changing now.  It is definitely autumn.


The Black-Eyed Susans are looking spent . . .


. . . the hydrangeas are at peak . . .


. . . as are the fields of goldenrod . . .


. . . and the sedum.


I was surprised to see the columbines have bloomed again . . .

 

. . . as were some of the stella d'oro lillies!


Well, if some of the plants think it is still summer, I guess I can play along and mow the grass!


No comments: