Translate

Monday, April 15, 2013

The Gardens are Going!

I'm back from a long business trip in Germany.  It was cold there.  It seems spring was as slow to come there as well as here.

Yesterday, I wanted to get some work done in the garden.  I decided to move some soil into one of the new raised beds so I could get the potatoes in.  We had snow flakes coming down while I was working.  Crazy!

The weather changed overnight, and it was beautiful and warm today.  I decided to turn over half the raised beds and put in the cold-tolerant plants.

I put in potatoes and carrots.  The garlic I planted last fall is coming in well!


The rhubarb is starting to come in.


We also planted our green beans, snap peas, kale and scallions.  I was happy to see the spinach I planted last fall made it through the winter and was coming in nicely.  We might have some fresh spinach in a few weeks!


The perennials are sprouting.  The daffodils and bleeding hearts are coming in.  Some of the hostas are also emerging!


Spring is coming in fast.  It is about time!

No comments: