Saturday, January 19, 2013

Further Adventures of the Pike Decoy

I spent a little more time on the pike decoy.  This time I started on the fins at the tail.  I cut a deep slot in the back to accept a piece of 1/4 inch poplar board for the tail.

I rough cut the tail and made sure it fit snugly in the slot.

I then roughly shaped the upper and lower fins with the 1/4 inch poplar.

I chiseled out two notches for the fins.

I then inserted the upper and lower fins in place.

So far, so good.  I will work on the pectoral fins next.  These will need a little more effort.  Once these are in, I can roughly sand the fins to 'thin' them out, and then work on sanding the body.

No comments: