Translate

Monday, September 3, 2012

End of Summer?

It's been a while since  posted anything. It's not that I haven't had anything to post, just the contrary!

The garden has been going great.  We must have put up over 30 pints of green beans, loads of tomatoes, potatoes, turnip, carrots, and kale.  I put the radicchio in a few weeks ago.  We harvested the basil and made about 60 ounces of pesto.  I am starting to pick hot peppers and make hot sauce.

The weather is slowly starting to cool.  We'll be able to get some late season spinach in.  I give the tomatoes only 4 weeks before they are spent.  The green beans are still flowering!  Looks like we'll be picking them well into October.

As I was mowing the grass this weekend I noticed the leaves starting to fall from the maple trees.  Autumn will start in three weeks.

The wife and I had a big family reunion this Labor Day weekend.  The weather was perfect!  Friends and family were able to come from near and far.  Quite a few of the people had not been to our property, and there were tours of the barn, gardens and the creek.  There were even tractor rides for the kids!



I still have some roofing repairs and trim painting to get done.  I also want to put a sump pump in the basement (it was just 1 year ago that this area suffered through epic flooding).

There is always a chore to do around here . . .



No comments: