Translate

Friday, September 30, 2011

Ghost Signs in Montreal

Overloaded . . .

I've been traveling a lot the last month.  We traveled to Vermont and back twice.  I've been on business travel to Huntsville, Phoenix, and Montreal.  This week we are staying put.  It gives me a little time to sort through photos.

Last weekend we were in Montreal.  So many things I could blog about - great food, architecture, the old city, friendly people.  Where to start . . .

I know - the Ghost Signs!

While walking around the old city, I saw three large Ghost Signs.

One was for a company known as Mercantile Printing.  I couldn't find much about it.


The second was for La Sauvegarde D'Assurance (Safeguard Insurance).  From what I can tell, it was started around 1915 and continued in business into the 1960's.


It took me a while to figure out the last sign.  It was for Dupuy & Ferguson.  They were a seed distributor in the first half of the 20th century.


Keep looking up!


1 comment:

~ Regan said...

Very cool!
Hey- its too bad Dupuy and Ferguson don't still distribute seeds!
Those signs are so neat, it'll truly be a shame the day they're painted over.
Enjoy your time at home this week!