Translate

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Why I Blog

One of the main reasons I blog is to keep a record of the natural world around me.  I always felt I should learn more about birds, plants, and insects.  Today was one of those days when I learned something new.

I had come home from work and my wife greeted me on the porch.  She pointed out a caterpillar on one of our potted impatiens.



We went inside and then did a Google image search for 'caterpillar identification'. After scrolling through a few dozen photos, I found out that this was a Pale Tussock Moth caterpillar.

In reading up on this caterpillar, I found out that it can cause rashes.  Glad we didn't touch it.

We went for a walk.  When we came back, it was gone.  What a great little find.  I saw something I had never seen before, I learned what it was, and I am able to share it with the blogosphere!  Enjoy!

No comments: