Translate

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

After The Storm

We weathered hurricane Irene with no problems.   Some family in the mid-Atlantic have had no power for days.  Towns south of us have had terrible flooding.

Outside there has been the sounds of chain saws.  Neighbors have been cutting fallen trees of their roofs.

The Otter is furious.   I have never seen the falls so angry, even during spring floods!



The river is up several feet.  The parking lot at the basin is flooded.



I hope you all are safe!

1 comment:

~ Regan said...

Oh my gosh! I've never seen the falls so flooded! I'm so glad you and mom (as well as the rest of our East Coast relatives) made it through okay!
I did hear the five of Vermonts glorious covered bridges were very damaged/washes away. I sure hope they are rebuilt. How sad.