Translate

Sunday, February 14, 2010

More Toys

We went to a few antique stores yesterday. I am always on the lookout for good antique tools. It is not that I collect them - its just that you can get quality tools for a very good price.

I found a decent spokeshave. It is marked No. 51. Most like a vintage Stanley piece. I sharpened the blade on the wheel and it is good as new. Paid $6. I also found a wooden mallet. The head was tight to the handle. It has seen some use, but it was in good shape. Again, $6!

I am still looking for a decent froe, decent chisels and gouges. I should also look for more bits for the brace I picked up recently.

Happy antique hunting!

1 comment:

~ Regan said...

Oh, you are lucky!!

I have been keeping my eye out for a decent froe for you, but haven't had any luck. I suppose it's one of those things- when I least expect to see it, it'll be there!

Can't wait to take you to my 'junk' shop. You have to dig, scoot around stacks of things, and haggle a little here and there, but its a really cool place.

♥U!!