Translate

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Very Cool


I had to go to DC today for a business meeting. I took and early flight and arrived in DC around 9:00. My meeting got postponed, so I spent a few hours visiting a few museums at the Mall.

I first decided to visit the capital building. However, today was the day of the State of the Union address, so the whole capital was off limits. Bummer. I decided to revisit the American Indian museum. My wife and I had visited it a few years ago when it first opened. It was very crowded and we didn't get a chance to really spend time exploring. I got there around 10:00. Being a weekday, it was not crowded.

I came across an exhibit of sculpture by an artist named Brian Jungen. He is from British Columbia. His work was very interesting. I really liked a set of totem poles he created. Can you guess what they are made from (answer below)?



I was really interested in these as we are going to Alaska in June and might get a chance to see some totems. Brian Jungen's work uses everyday objects to build his sculptures.

Okay - the answer is golf bags! He made these totems from golf bags.

Very cool!

3 comments:

~ Regan said...

that is so neat! (and random! Golf bags?? Who would have thought to use them?)

Tammy H. said...

Thanks for stopping by the blog and l really like the golf bags. Thanks for sharing. Where about is your house in VT?

Uncle Tractor said...

We rent a place in Vergennes. We have a house in the Finger Lakes area, but I have taken a new job back in Vermont. We lived there for 13 years. We are really excited about moving back, seeing all our old friends, and enjoying the countryside and Lake Champlain.