Translate

Thursday, December 12, 2013

What's He Up to Now?

I find myself rushing to finish a little last minute project.  This has been banging around in the back of my mind for a while.  I then saw a show on television which gave me a few ideas which motivate me to take the idea in a different direction.

I start with some square stock - in this case some 1.5" x 1.5" red oak (about 18" long).

I cut them to various lengths, and finish one end with a 45 degree compound miter cut (I do this on my table saw using a scrap block cut at 45 degree as a jig).

I have a longer piece . . .


Two pieces of equal length, but shorter than the first . . .


One roughly midway in length between the first and the two similar pieces.


I cut out a piece of the mitered end . . .


I end up with four pieces which fit together like this -


. . . and from another angle -


Next step is to smooth over the edges, and then paint it (them).  Do you know what this will be?


No comments: