It is very cold outside. 18 degF, blustery snow and wind from the north. Brrrr! Still, I needed to go to the workshop and spend some time making / fixing / cutting / drilling / carving / sanding / breaking something.
I continued on the pike carving. Today, I worked on the pectoral and pelvic fins.
I started by making some templates for the fins.
I used the templates to create two pair of fins. The fins are cut in 1/4 inch material. I then cut the fins to expose 1/4 notches.
I drilled 1/4 holes into the body of the carving. I rounded the notches and beveled the base of each fin. Voila!
I did some trimming of the other fins and the tail. Now onto the sanding. I'll sand the body and tail, then move onto the fins. Then I glue it together and go to paint.
It's getting there!