Translate

Friday, December 28, 2012

Cold Comfort

We spent the Christmas holiday visiting warmer climates than those around here.  It was snowing when we left here, but traveled to the Caribbean.  We enjoyed warm weather and palm trees.



It was nice to feel a warm sun on our faces and to see green plants.  Still, I felt slightly empty.  I guess I am a traditionalist.  I just like the snow and want a white Christmas.

We came home to the remnants of a snowstorm  We got about 10 inches of snow.  I had to brush the car off at the airport, drive home on sloppy,slippery roads.  It was about 10:00 PM when we got home, and then I had to plow the driveway enough to get the car into the garage.

I awoke this morning and finished the snow removal.


I finally got to use the snow blower I bought last year. I prefer plowing with the tractor, but the snow blower really helps with heavy piles.


I noted the deer had been traveling through the yard.  I think their population has really increased around here this past year.  We never had problems with them in the garden in the past, and had rarely seen their tracks until the lean-times in the late winter.


I finished up the shoveling, filled the bird feeders, and then came inside to enjoy a pot of coffee.  Surprisingly, I found it just as relaxing being in the home enjoying the snow as I did sitting in the sun down in the Caribbean.  

To each their own...

No comments: